Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Evolution of the belly

First things first... I am NOT a photographer. In fact, I'm not even sure where the charger for my point and shoot digital camera is and I don't think I've seen it within the past 6 months. I hope it's still around the house somewhere!

Luckily, telephones exist. Almost all the pictures that Spencer and I have taken in just over two years of marriage have been on our cell phones. Sad? I know. But I DO have a couple of belly shots that I've taken in front of various mirrors with my cell phone that I'm finally going to post. It's better than nothing, right?

I've been told time and time again how sad it is that I don't have week-by-week pictures of my belly expanding... but I've had a lot of other things on my mind. In reality, I'm just lazy. My attempt to justify my laziness is two-fold: 1) I never get home until AFTER Zumba, Yoga, Cardio, etc. so any attempts that I made earlier in the day to look cute have been dashed to pieces by the time I can take a picture and 2) my photographer, AKA Spencer, doesn't get home from work until 9:30 pm, by which point I'm usually showered and wearing his pajamas. So consider this a disclaimer: almost all these pictures are post-workout and I basically look like a bum.

Either way, I'm THRILLED to show off my bump. I am in love with this little boy. He kicks like crazy and Spencer and I spend time almost every day watching my Buddha belly move around like it has a mind of its own (and I guess it does, right?) So without further ado.... I present the evolution of my ever-expanding midsection:

This was at 11 weeks right after Zumba. The world found out about little man about a week and half later!

This was taken Taylor Building bathroom at 15 weeks. Guess where I was heading? Yup... zumba! My smile was genuine because morning sickness was FINALLY gone.

Same bathroom... same headband... different day later that week.

16 weeks! And I'm not wearing workout clothes! This was the week we found out he was a he.

17 weeks! That's right... we took pictures for 3 consecutive weeks. This was the last week I was able to see my feet while standing.

This was at 19 weeks up in Rexburg for Tuck's AMAZING Senior Recital. My sister is a B-A-B-E.

Yeah... two girls and fetus can fit in James' pants. You can't see anything very well but this was at 22 weeks... and it's also when the outie belly button began!

Whew... 26 weeks. Can you see my outie now?

And this was tonight, post zumba... in the throes of week 27.

I think I'm going to have a big baby :)


3 comments:

  1. I love that it's little bump, little bump, a little bigger, and GIANT bump at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean this as the absolute highest compliment - because I think most pregnant ladies look like aliens - you look really great.

    ReplyDelete