Friday, August 12, 2011

Gettin' Down to Crunch Time

Oh my holy heck, I'm 38 weeks pregnant! For reals. When I finally got the energy to kick my swollen backside out of bed, this is what I ended up looking like:

I can't even get over how huge I am. This week I look like I'm going to pop and I feel like I'm going to pop. I'm finally realizing what all this talk about the last month being the hardest is all about.
  • Walking is now about the only form of exercise I can handle... and I'm walking VERY slowly.
  • Little man has learned how to hone in on my bladder like a tractor beam and he has DEADLY aim. Sorry for the over-share but I can seriously pee about once every 30 minutes.
  • Pregnancy insomnia. Woof. I go to bed at 11:00 at the latest, I wake up at 6:30 in the morning, and yet I get about 2-3 hours of actual sleep every night.
  • This carpal tunnel business is starting to get on my nerves (Haha, my median nerve. Get it?!). My left hand is usually fine but my right hand is perpetually numb. We're talking 24:7. It's really weird.
  • The cankles have reached a new level of dangerous.
  • Everyone has an opinion about where I'm puffiest, how I'm carrying my baby, my waddle, how much my baby will weigh, how early/late my baby will come, and how fast I'll drop the baby weight (according to some people, "when" I lose the baby weight should be "if" I lose the baby weight).
  • So I'm physically exhausted, but mentally and physically, I feel fantastic!
So you want to hear why I have the best husband in the whole world? He's fully aware of how much my aches and pains have been wearing me down. After our doctor's appointment the other day he surprised me with a prenatal massage. Um, yeah. I was in heaven for that 60 minutes. My sciatic nerve pain and water retention went way down immediately afterward and I'm hoping I can fend it off a bit longer. Spencer officially gets control of the TV remote for an indefinite amount of time :)

Raylyn threw me a baby shower with all my aunts and cousins and it was so fun! She really outdid herself with the food, decorations, games, etc. and I'm grateful for all the work and effort she put into everything. It was great seeing family members that I haven't seen in years... and Becca & Paige were there!

Last night Spencer and I went on a Target/Wal-Mart run to pick up some last minute baby things that we still need before D-day. I was really glad that we went together because Spencer got a little taste of what I go through every day during my ten and a half hour shifts at IMC. A cute little Hispanic lady standing in front of us at the checkout line went ON and ON about our baby: "Oh, he will be SO BIG! Has the doctor told you how big he will be? He has to be at least 8 pounds. He is a boy? Yes, I can tell he is a boy." Spencer and I just cracked up - this woman was seriously adorable.

And after our little shopping trip the nursery is just about finished! We still don't have any drapes for our HUGE window, though. Having no drapes doesn't bother me, but lights shine straight through the blinds and keep Colton's room pretty bright through the night. I want my baby to sleep as well as possible! There are a couple of other things we still really need to get but I'm feeling a lot more prepared than I did just a week ago. Now we just need the baby!

So here are some pictures of the little man's room. Enjoy!

Welcome to treasure island :)

This is where the magic happens... AKA "thesis"

Notice the BYU jersey? Spencer just couldn't resist. See the diaper genie to the left of the changing table? That was another one of Spencer's stipulations - poopy diapers give him the willies.

The monkeys are named "Wilson" and "Friday." And I love them. The crib + bedding are definitely my favorite parts of this nursery (thanks Walkers!)

We traded our blue leather couch out for this rocker (thanks to Kellen and Char). I anticipate many sleepless nights in this chair.

You like how the window valence is laying across the dresser? Yeah... our window is WAY too big; the valence only stretches about halfway across.

So... baby watch continues! Stay tuned for any more breaking news :) 'Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hey - I recognize a blanket in that room :) Yea for babies!

    ReplyDelete