Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blast from the Past...

This week has been REALLY good! Shoot, I'm getting spoiled by only having 2 classes. I have so much more time to do the things that need to get done around the house and run errands that have been on the backburner for a LONG time.

My house is spotless, my homework is completely up-to-speed, I finished my backlog at work, and we had some fun dinner dates! I went running at 8 o'clock in the morning on FOUR different days this week, which is an awesome improvement. Yes, I made it longer than 1 mile, but NO, Spencer didn't come with me. He decided that his sleep was more valuable. Maybe I'll get him to come this next week. Maybe.

Last night was awesome - Jeff and Becca came over and they made us dinner. Jeff made crab-stuffed mushrooms and some awesome Vietnamese dish that I can't even begin to pronounce the name of. I was in heaven, even if our apartment smelled faintly of rotten fish oil... that's what Febreeze is for! We played some games together , then Spencer and I were going to make homemade ice cream with mixed berries for dessert. However, our freezer (which is the size of a peanut) is a little bit on the... NOT quite cold enough side. We didn't have enough room to put our ice-cream bowl in the freezer until two days before Jeff and Becca came over (which I incorrectly assumed to be an adequate amount of time for a bowl to freeze). Since our freezer is LAME and doesn't circulate cold air very well, the bowl never froze all the way - which means, our vanilla ice cream was more like a melted vanilla milkshake. Yah. It didn't work. At all. Next time, we'll be sure to stick the bowl in the freezer like FIVE days before our appointment instead of two days before.

I finished two books this week. I read Rocket Boys... and cried like a baby during the last thirty pages or so. I don't care if you've heard the story, I don't care if you've seen the movie, you HAVE to read this book! Holy cow, it's good. I also read The Lovely Bones. The movie came out this weekend and I thought it looked like an interesting concept, so rather than spend 10 dollars to see the movie I figured I'd read the book for free. It was interesting all right... I've never been so creeped out in my life. I won't give anything away for anyone who wants to see the movie, but I'm not so sure I'd recommend the book. A little weird for me, and it had a lot of morals that I'm adamantly opposed to.

Oh, before I forget, I killed our plant. I kept it watered and happy while it was at work, but when I went to carry it home this week, the thing leaked water and dirt all over me and I gave it up for adoption. I have to walk home for 20 minutes, and when my hands are dirty and covered in water from holding a plant (which is also very heavy, mind you), all I can envision in my future is frostbite. SO... I bailed. I left it on top of a trash can on the south side of campus (and watched someone else pick it up as I walked off). We must not be ready for kids, as per my observation last post. Ha.

SO... I'm reading the Old Testament for Sunday School this year. I'm reading four pages a day and I figured that I'll finish around the beginning of November (what with me starting late and all). AND, it's awesome. The Old Testament is the bomb-diggety and I recommend EVERYONE read it. Period. We can compare cool Bible stories.

So last night after Jeff and Becca left, Spencer and I weren't tired. So you know what we did? We built a fort. Yup. A fort. Right in our living room. We set up our bedding and everything and slept there and it was FUN. Spencer was a good sport because he doesn't do well sleeping on the floor, but I slept like a baby once I finally closed my eyes. I love my bed, but my fort is pretty dang cool.

AND... BYU just slaughtered CSU in basketball. Is life good? Yup. It's real good. Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. Ummmmm, I think I saw you running up Center street as I was driving out of Provo. Sad. I miss you. Keep it up though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forts...........oh how i love thee. forts forts. blankets and sheets. couches lying on the ground. forts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you girls should build a fort in our basement & sleep on the beanbag chairs! Get it? Got it! Good!

    ReplyDelete