Monday, November 21, 2011

Now you see it... Now you don't

MY HAIR, THAT IS!

This was earlier this afternoon:

You see all those nappy locks? I've been wanting to chop them off for ages. Now that Colton is finally on a good schedule (more on that later...) I had the time to go get it taken care of.

So THIS is going in the mail tomorrow for Locks of Love:


Because now my hair looks like THIS!


Here's a closeup:


I LOOOVE it. I haven't had it this short in a long time and I'm so glad I finally did it. I tried putting it back into a ponytail and... well... I can't. Not even a little nub. But that's okay! When it's this short it stays out of the way anyways.

I finally decided it had to go because THIS guy:


has decided that everything must be grabbed and then promptly put into his mouth. Including my hair. Scratch that... ESPECIALLY my hair. He also likes to spit up ALL the heck over my 'do.... so yeah... I was anxious to see it go.

Colton started drooling a lot the past week or so, which makes us a little nervous that he might be getting ready for some teeth soon (please, no... please, no...). He's not crying or fussing any more than usual, but he has started gnawing on everything in sight.

Exhibit A - munching on his own hands:


Exhibit B - munching on other peoples' hands:


He's getting a lot bigger and stronger, too! He's still owning his tummy time, but now he makes cute noises at us while he's doing it. Yesterday morning, he and Spencer were exchanging cute noises for about 10 minutes before Colton got a little too excited and started crying:


He can sit up for a second or two on his own:

And he's officially wearing 6-9 month clothing:


His schedule is a heck of a lot more regular right now. I feed him every four hours: 2:30, 6:30, 10:30, etc. We give him a bath every night at 10:00 and then after his feeding at 10:30 we start rocking him to sleep. He's been asleep by midnight for the past 2 weeks. Every day he starts to sleep a little longer before waking up to feed and this past week he didn't wake up until 8:30 in the morning for two days in a row! Seriously. I had to put my hand under his nose to make sure he was still breathing. Last night was a bit of a regression (i.e., he woke up at 2:30 and stayed up for 2 hours) but I'm willing to pretend it never happened if he'll just go back to sleeping until 8:30 from now on :) So we're all getting more sleep around here lately... which explains why we're really smiling in so many more of our pictures now!

Yep. I know. He's really cute:

See what I mean?

When Colton was first born, I could see a TON of Cornett features. Now that he's getting bigger, Spencer and his family are convinced that he's more Tucker than Cornett. DeRue sent us some of Spencer's baby pictures the other day because Spencer said he'd forgotten what he looked like as a baby. I still think my baby's pretty Cornett-ish:

Here's Colton:









Here's Spencer (in the middle):

















Here are some other cute pictures of Spencer as a behbeh:

Check out my husband's chins! THAT'S where Colton gets it from!



All of Spencer's family is getting together for Thanksgiving on Thursday and we are SO EXCITED! I'm sure I'll have a lot more pictures to come afterwards. In the meantime... my friend posted this the other day and I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. I think any mom will appreciate the hilarity of this picture:


We love you all!

'Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. 1)I LOVE your new haircut! I'm going to have to try and talk Rebecca into copying you.

    2)That last picture is going to have me laughing for days.

    3)Spencer was a fat little baby.

    4)Colton is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one hot mama! Love the new do!!!

    ReplyDelete