Thursday, June 30, 2011

三十二個星期!

Yeah... that's 32 weeks!

Um... Kirstin's water broke at 32 weeks. And then Rigby came shortly afterwards. I seriously can't believe Colton's already this close to being here but at the same time I can't believe I have around 8 weeks left to go. It's an awkward conundrum how half of me thinks time is flying by too fast and the other half of me wants time to fly by even faster.

My friend Mallory and I had a joint baby shower a few weeks ago; she was originally due July 20th. THEN... her doctor moved her due date up to July 14th. THEN... she found out that her baby will be here on the 10th at the latest. That's next Sunday, dangit. This is the girl that I've always considered to be just a few weeks further along than I am!

I. cannot. wait. for. this. baby.

I was so ready for my cold to go away this week. Yeah... it never did. It's a total bummer to be a speech pathologist with absolutely no voice. However, I made it through another fantastic week at IMC and I'm loving this job (okay... externship. I definitely don't get paid). On the down side... I don't get the fourth of July off and Spencer's whole family will be in town living it up while I'm doing cognitive evaluations, dysphagia treatments, bedside examinations, and modified barium swallow studies. I hope I don't have too many new traumatic brain injury patients (for their sakes, not mine) but I've heard horror stories about the patients that get admitted as a result of independence day theatrics. Fingers are crossed!

So speaking of the in-laws, they're coming to town tomorrow night! This week is going to be quite the extravaganza:

Friday evening, our family's going to meet Emily's family. Emily is Chase's girlfriend; we've spent a TON of time with her but we've never met her family. I'm excited... and food will be involved :)

Saturday = day of craziness. First of all, it's Spencer's birthday! The hubs is going to be a whoppin' 25 years old (he's such a baby, right?!) and I'm excited that a fun day is planned. DeRue and Kirstin are throwing me a baby shower at noon and apparently, plans are on lock down. I'm strictly forbidden from helping with planning and setting up and cooking and such so I'm pretty excited to see what they have in store. It'll be so fun to celebrate the behbeh with all my friends! M'kay, so after that's over I'm sure there will be all sorts of fun birthday hooplah with Spencer and his family. Finally, we're going to STADIUM OF FIRE! This show is supposedly awesome every year and this year will be no different. There will be dancing, singing, fireworks, David Archuletta and Brad Paisley! I'm basically stoked.

Sunday, our nephew Rigby is getting blessed (which is the main reason why Spencer's family will be in town). Babies make me happy, church makes me happy, and family makes me happy so I'm sure it will be a fantastic day.

I'll miss all the festivities on Monday but Spencer gets the holiday off and will join his family and James' entire family in Mount Pleasant. I don't know all the details but I've heard it will involve a pancake breakfast, a parade, a baby contest and another impressive bout of fireworks. Shoot... I hope I at least see some fireworks on my commute home from work.

AND... my mom got her plane ticket! She's going to get here on August 27th and I am so excited. I miss my family like crazy right now. We figured out how to Skype on Spencer's iPhone so we finally get to talk to Jeff, Becca and Paige in England (Spencer's computer has all but bit the dust and mine doesn't have a web cam). I don't think my family will all be together again until we're in D.C. for Christmas so I'm pumped to get a little bit of family time in before December!

Anyhoo... I'm off to zumba. This momma keeps eating chocolate and cookies so I'd better get in my daily dose of fitness. Here's a picture of me from this morning. I look like crap and am still ridiculously sick but focus on the cute baby.

Today an older man that I work with said, "When are you expecting that thing to pop out?" After I told him, he said, "Are you diabetic? Because I'd expect a pregnant girl as big as you to be diabetic." Wow.

At Emma's wedding one of her uncles came up to me and said, "Does the temple know that you stole their basketball?" I thought it was funny. P.S... that's definitely an outie belly button.

We love you all! Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Three things (1) I'm bummed I'll miss your shower, and your present hasn't quite made it in the mail yet, but it will. (2) I'm jealous that you get to hang out with the awesomest extended family ever and I don't, and (3) Give K a huge at the blessing from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We made it into your blog! We're so excited to talk to you guys. I'm just going to assume that you plan on calling us, but if we haven't heard from you after a few minutes we'll try giving you guys a call. Anyway...love ya!

    ReplyDelete